COLOMBIA GOLD AND PEACE: FERNANDO GAVIRIA IS IMPARABLE AND KEEPS ROSE DRESS
PALMIRA, COLOMBIA. Fernando Gaviria (Quick-Step) in a superb and wonderful shot was the winner on Wednesday of the second stage of La Colombia Oro y Paz and remained dressed in pink. The strenuous day was played between Palmira-Santander Quilichao-Cerrito-Palmira on a route of 183.4 kilometers.
In this way Gaviria gets his second consecutive victory in La Oro y Paz and the third so far this season, as he was the winner of the first section of the Vuelta a San Juan in Argentina last month.
This Thursday will be the last opportunity for the sprinters to show, with the completion of the third fraction between Palmira-Buga-Variante Tuluá-La Paila-Buga on 163.2 kilometers. (www.revistamundociclistico.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 2 (183.4 KM).
1. Gaviria, Fernando (Quick-Step Floors) 03:49:30
2. Molano, Juan Sebastian (Manzana Postobon Team)
3. Malucelli, Matteo (Androni Giocattoli-Siderm)
4. Guardini, Andrea (Bardiani CSF)
5. Raim, Mihkel (Cycling Academy)
6. Vigano, Davide (Selección Italia)
7. Laas, Martin (Team Illuminate)
8. Murphy, John Patrick (Holowesko Citadel PB Arap)
9. Cano, Jairo Alonso (EPM)
10. Penalver, Manuel (Trevigiani Phonix Hemus)
TEN FIRST INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Gaviria, Fernando (Quick-Step Floors) 05:56:12
2. Molano, Juan Sebastián (Manzana Postobón Team) +00:00:11
3. Rubiano, Miguel Ángel (Coldeporte Zenu Sello Roj) +00:00:14
4. Arango, Juan Esteban (Selección Colombia) +00:00:17
5. Malucelli, Matteo (Androni Giocattoli-Siderm) +00:00:19
6. Richeze, Maximiliano (Quick-Step Floors) +00:00:19
7. Pellaud, Simon (Team Illuminate) +00:00:20
8. Montiel, Rafael Aníbal (Orgullo Paisa) +00:00:20
9. Tivani, German Nicolas (Trevigiani Phonix Hemus) +00:00:20
10. Guardini, Andrea (Bardiani CSF) +00:00:21