JONATHAN CAICEDO WON THE FOURTH STAGE OF TOUR TO ECUADOR
QUITO. Jonathan Caicedo, from the Coraje Carchenses team, won the fourth stage of the Cycling Tour of Ecuador that was held on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
The tricolor cyclist won with a record of two hours and 21 minutes. The multicolored caravan departed from El Boliche Station, at an altitude of 3 566 meters in the province of Cotopaxi, and arrived in Quito shortly after noon. The complete journey was 106.4 km with a flying goal and a mountain prize. The leader of the general classification remains the Spanish-Colombian Óscar Sevilla
A total of 100 cyclists from the 110 who started the round took a starting signal in the first mountain stage. "It would be important to get home with your arms up," said Segundo Navarrete, whose goal was to get to Quito first. "They are roads, streets and ascents that I know them," added Navarrete.
Another cyclist who wanted to arrive first is Byron Guama who is second in the general classification. "We are local and begin the mountain stages," said Guama, who is 5 seconds behind the leader. The stage will pass through Machachi, Amaguaña, Sangolquí, Pifo, Tumbaco, Cumbayá, old route to Nayón, the round of the Cyclist, and through Ganados Avenue, the 6 de Diciembre will arrive to the former Ministry of Sports headquarters. The caravan will cover 106.4 km. In Quito there are road closures.
This Wednesday October 10 will be played two stages, the fifth at 09:30 between Cayambe and Cotacachi of 78.2 km and the sixth a circuit in Ibarra 66 kilometers. (www.elcomercio.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE ETAPA 4 (106,4 KM).
1. Jonathan Klever Caicedo Cepeda (Coraje Carchense, Ecuador) 2:31:20
2. Robinson Chalapud (Eagles Bikes, Colombia) +0:00:00
3. Segundo Navarrete (Eagles Bikes, Ecuador) 2:31:28
4. Pablo Andrés Caicedo (Coraje Carchense, Ecuador) 2:32:06
5. Oscar Sevilla (Eagles Bikes, Colombia) 2:32:17
6. Francisco Jarley Colorado (Saitel Team A, Colombia) 2:32:17
7. Elias Daniel Tello (Team Safut Peteroa Chile, Switzerland)) 2:32:34
8. Jimmy Santiago Montenegro (Team Ecuador, Ecuador) 2:32:40
9. Bayron Patricio Guama (Team Ecuador, Ecuador) 2:32:40
10. Christian Leonardo Gutierrez (Team Best Pc, Colombia) 2:32:40
TEN FIRST GENERAL INDIVIDUAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Oscar Sevilla (Eagles Bikes, Colombia) 8:58:51
2. Bayron Patricio Guama (Team Ecuador, Ecuador) 11:31:37
3. Jhonathan Klever Caicedo (Coraje Carchense, Ecuador) 11:32:18
4. Robinson Chalapud (Eagles Bikes, Colombia) 11:32:23
5. Jorge Luis Montenegro (Coraje Carchense, Ecuador) 11:32:44
6. Segundo Navarrete (Eagles Bikes, Ecuador) 11:33:10
7. Jimmy Santiago Montenegro (Team Ecuador, Ecuador) 11:33:48
8. Pablo Andr?S Caicedo (Coraje Carchense, Ecuador) 11:33:48
9. Remberto Jaramillo (Saitel Team B, Colombia) 11:34:03
10. Esteban David Villarreal (Prefectura Del Carchi, Ecuador) 11:34:30