TOUR TO VENEZUELA: MARCO BENFATTO WINS THE FOURTH STAGE, ÁNGEL RÍVAS FOLLOWS LEADER
CARACAS. The Italian cyclist Marco Benfatto (Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec) has won the fourth stage of the 55th edition of the Vuelta a Venezuela, a day of 221.8 kilometers disputed this Sunday between the towns of Quíbor and Guanare.
With a time of 5 hours and 14 seconds, Benfatto won the sprint over the Venezuelans Xavier Quevedo (Governorate of Carabobo) and Orluis Aular (Governorate of Miranda), second and third respectively.
The winner of the stage came out of a flight of seven riders who formed at kilometer 40 of the race and managed to evade the control of the main platoon.
The also Venezuelan Angel Rivas (Government of Miranda-Trek), who donned the leader's jersey after winning the second stage, stayed a day ahead of the general classification.
Rivas gave up 3 seconds with Leonel Quintero (Government of Miranda-Trek) that remains second to 18 seconds behind the leader. Alain Quispe (National Team of Peru) occupies third place at 23 seconds.
The Vuelta a Venezuela will continue this Monday with the dispute of its fifth day, an individual time trial of 34.5 kilometers that will start in the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Coromoto and conclude in Guanare. (www.esciclismo.com)
FIVE FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 4 (221.8 KM).
1. Marco Benfatto (ITA/Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec) 5:00:14
2. Xavier Quevedo (VEN/Gob. de Carabobo) +0:00:00
3. Orluis Aular (VEN/Gob. de Miranda) +0:00:00
4. Cristian David Pita (ECU/Team Ecuador) +0:00:04
5. Wilmer Bravo (VEN/Deportivo Táchira) +0:00:08
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION GENERAL INDIVIDUAL.
1. Ángel Rivas (Gobierno de Miranda-Trek) 16:21:57
2. Leonel Quintero (Gobierno de Miranda-Trek) +0:00:18
3. Alain Quispe (Selección Nacional de Perú) +0:00:23
4. José Alarcón (Gobierno de Miranda-Trek) +0:00:23
5. Anderson Paredes (Movistar de Ecuador) +0:00:26