THIRD TRIUMPH OF FERNANDO GAVIRIA ON THE GUANGXI TOUR
MADRID. Colombian Fernando Gaviria (Quick Step) added his third consecutive victory in the Tour de Guangxi (China), also winning Saturday in the third stage, with departure and arrival in the city of Nanning, 125.4 kilometers.
Gaviria, who already dominated in the two previous installments, prevailed in the packaging, investing a time of 2 hours, 41 minutes and 57 seconds, being second, as on Friday, German Maximilian Walscheid (Sunweb).
The stage, on a circuit of 31.4 kilometers that had to give four laps, saw the escape of the trio formed by the Portuguese Nuco Bico (Movistar), the Italian Daniel Oss (BMC) and the Australian Jack Haig (Orica- Scott).
The trio soon gained an advantage of a couple of minutes, being regrouped after about 70 kilometers. In the last kilometers there were several attempts to escape, all useless to the work of the teams of the sprinters, playing the victory in a final packaging where, again, Gaviria was the most powerful.
The Colombian, who already has thirteen wins in 2017, adds another ten seconds of bonus, increases his lead to the front of the general. This Sunday will be the fourth stage, 151 kilometers, considered the "queen" of the current edition, between Nanning and NongLa Scenic Spot. (EFE)
FIVE FIRST STAGE 3 (125.4 KM).
1. Fernando Gaviria (Col/Quick-Steps Floors) 02:41:57
2. Maximilian Walscheid (Ale/Sunweb)
3. Magnus Nielsen (Din/Orica-Scott)
4. Niccolo Bonifazio (Ita/Bahrain-Merida)
5. Wouter Wippert (Hol/Cannondale-Drapac)
TEN FIRST INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Fernando Gaviria (Col/Quick-Steps Floors) 08:45:22
2. Silvan Dillier (Sui/BMC Racing) +00: 00: 13
3. Maximilian Walscheid (Ale/Sunweb) +00: 00: 18
4. Dylan Groenewegen (Hol/LottoNI-Jumbo) +00: 00: 24
5. Wouter Wippert (Hol/Cannondale-Drapac) +00: 00: 26